Re: opening new windows

In most browsers users can choose to open a link in the same place, in
a new tab, in a new window entirely, etc. And they have the back button
if they would like to check briefly what they are doing. There are
usability problems in opening new windows on people, even to solve
other usability problems.

So my preference is to let the user decide on new windows or not.

Another possiblity is to have a context-sensitive help that actually
produces a version of the current page but with more help included.
Xforms allows for something like this as a normal part of the
language...

my 2 cents worth...

cheers

Chaals