RE: What color is comfortable for Intranet?

Hello Tony,

By my personal experience, some users with limited vision prefer Light text
on a dark background, as there is less glare associated to the overall
monitor screen, reducing eye fatigue.

An interesting PDF "handout" on this subject can be found at
http://onionmountaintech.com/PDFfiles/ColorHandout.pdf  (Sorry to those who
cannot access PDFs).  It appears to support this fact with other users (with
Disabilities) via a controlled study.  A fairly detailed exchange of ideas
on this subject can also be found here:
http://edgarmatias.com/faq/S/S-9.html.  It too suggests that lighter text on
dark backgrounds produces less eye strain, but also goes on to suggest that
black text on white backgrounds produces the best legibility and thus
comprehension/retention.

So, Tony, there does not appear to be a "magic" answer to the question.  I
suspect that the final answer will depend on the type of information, the
length of time users will be using the site/page, etc.  Perhaps a certain
amount of black text on white surrounded by darker, less stressful colours
would probably be a good compromise, perhaps something along the lines of
what is used by Ziff Davis (http://www.zdnet.com/)?  Good Luck.

JF

(Some other interesting articles via Google)
http://coe.sdsu.edu/eet/Articles/ColorPrinciples/start.htm
http://hubel.sfasu.edu/courseinfo/SL99/eyefatigue.html