Re: screen readers for macs - also bobby question

none the less, I found it helpfull when I was using netscape and a screen
reader.

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Woolley" <david@djwhome.demon.co.uk>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Saturday, March 08, 2003 3:14 PM
Subject: Re: screen readers for macs - also bobby question

> putting info in edit fields can be handy if you are using an environment
> that does not announce that you are over an edit field.  tell the person

That's a fault in the user agent.  I think one should only work round those
when major user agents are at fault.

I think the reason that marketing people like these is that they believe
that users are too stupid to understand the basic controls provided by
their software, and, for some reason, don't like labelling the controls
properly, outside of the input field.

Of course, designers like hiding basic controls, particularly links, in
creative design.