From: "John Routa" <jr@jrouta.net>
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 10:03 AM
Subject: Text Only Sites

I have a friend that is totally blind that uses JAWS screen reader.  I
asked what he felt about the "text only" concept.  He replied that his
screen reader ignores graphics altogether.

If a graphic is in itself a link, it should be identified as such in the
ALT or LONGDESC attributes. I think that would negate the need for "text
only" pages.

J. V. Routa
jr@jrouta.net
http://jrouta.net