Re: SV: Use first letter as ACCESSKEY

On 2/24/03 3:23 PM, "Jesper Tverskov" <jesper.tverskov@mail.tele.dk> wrote:

> If you press the ALT key the focus is the browser. Then you can press the
> access key letter you want for the browser. Keeping the ALT key down when
> you press the accesskey letter does the same thing accept that the accesskey
> letters used in the web page overrules the access keys in the browser's
> menu.
>
> Not many people know this, so test it in an IE-browser. This means that
> access keys for the web page and for the browser can be the same without
> conflicts, if we learn the two ways of pressing the ALT-key.

This is not my experience with IE.  Taking the example David gave, Alt+d to
set focus to the address bar, this shortcut doesn't work unless alt is held
down.  The only shortcuts that seem to be saved by separating the keypresses
are f,e,v,a,t, and h.

Am I missing something?

Andrew
--
Andrew Kirkpatrick
CPB/WGBH National Center for Accessible Media

617-300-4420 (direct voice/FAX)
617-300-3400 (main NCAM)
617-300-2489 (TTY)

WGBH enriches people's lives through programs and services that educate,
inspire, and entertain, fostering citizenship and culture, the joy of
learning, and the power of diverse perspectives.