From: "John Foliot - bytown internet" <foliot@bytowninternet.com>
To: "Webaim-Forum" <webaim-forum@list.webaim.org>; "W3c-Wai-Ig"
<w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 10:05 AM
Subject: The Holy Grail?

An associate passed on this link to me, a press release dated Friday Feb.
14th.

I wonder out loud: Will it be cross platform compatible (ie: PC, Mac, Linux,
etc.)?  Shows promise, but I suspect it will always be a band-aid solution.
I wonder too if the software app will impart the structural logic required
to navigate a long document properly - even PDFs can have "bookmarks" (named
anchors) in them; will this functionality be carried through?  I would be
curious to see the application in play - how does it work with other
adaptive technologies (ie, can it peacefully co-exist with other screen
reading apps like Jaws?)  Also, how does it deal with images, charts and
graphs, etc. in PDFs? What will the business model be - a free plug-in or a
purchase add-on/software app.?  (Affordability is an accessibility issue
too) Many, many questions...

http://www.planetpdf.com/mainpage.asp?webpageid=2607&nl

JF