Re: Audio formats

Chaals

you miss out on a valuable possibility. The work of reading the text is
not 'expensive' if the people involved benefit from the experience, and
find it empowering.

This will also like auditing, provide a first pass on the readability
of the text, which other processes generally will not.

Ask children whether they prefer an audio tape by a well known and good
reader, or a screen reader, and you have you answer.

The assumption that a mechanical reproduction of a voice is superior,
because the data is 'accessible' is misplaced. They are a separate and
useful activity.

Jonathan