Re: Internationalised HTML

Thanks Jukka,

The views expressed by yourself, are the nearest to mine,

It is important to define how we might most easily enfranchise the
powerless, the socially excluded, and the illiterate. W3C does not
appear to have a substantial representation for the disabled, and many
raise are not a concern of W3 but rather something that is do-able by
me independently, which is plainly ridiculous in view of the broad
range of needs.

XHTML, XML, XSLT, SVG and many other w3 technologies have excellent
theoretical possibilities, and are already used by those who have the
knowledge and power. Unfortunately they don't currently have the tools
which will enable, and there remains a reasonable doubt as to whether
the intention to enable is there.

It is excellent that xhtml should have strict definitions, provided and
only provided that better tools are available for authoring by people
who would have problems with html. where are those tools and where is
the evidence of effort to create them? we all know of issues
surrounding the meaning of alt and title, how much more serious is it
when <html> gets replaced by <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML
1.0 Transitional//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><html
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"> for
someone who is dyslexic.

I personally take a strong exception to having to write color, which
appears ignorant to me in the English tradition, and at best American
Imperialism.
machine code has a place, and it should be kept there, not allowed out
in the wild.