Re: site provided accessibility controll interfaces:

Hi David,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 07:32:27 -0500, David Poehlman wrote:
> I have seen several sites cannot recall right now which ones that have nice
> pages for configuring your site preferences.  My main objection is that you
> have to either do it each time you hit the site, or you have to leave a
> cookie on your system or log in.  I am not a big fan of tracked anything but
> understand the need and desire for it and welcome it as part of the over all
> mix.
>
> I have also seen some badly done interfaces such that you have to wade
> through alot of links on each page in order to get past it.  Over all
> though, well done, this is a good approach because many people do not use
> assistive technology, do not understand how to configure their browser,
> cannot understand how to configure their browser, and in at least some cases
> are prohibitted from configuring their browser and shocker of shockers, some
> browsers are not configureable.

Thanks.

We have an implementation at http://www.sample.charityskills.net.

It does use cookies to remember your settings, but on that site I can't see
anyway around it.

On the site that I am working on at the moment (it's actually the parent site
), the users will be in a subscriber area so we can store their preferences on
the server.

We will be expanding the functionality of the Accessibility link to include
instructions to show people how they can make changes in their own browser and
will also provide them with a link so that they can set their preferences on
our page and then download a css file containing those settings so that they
can use them on there sites.

Cheers,

Julian