Re: Why are nested tables that bad

The W3C guidelines have nothing to say about nested tables.  I think that
you would find that the majority of sites that use tables for layout have
nested tables.  If you are using the tables strictly for layout, the most
important thing is that they linearize correctly.  The only potential
problem that I can see would be nested data tables, as some screen readers
or other software may have trouble navigating between different levels of
tables in a table reading mode.  This is untested, pure speculation,
however.

-Phil Lanier