Re: time is up warnings on web pages:

The simplest way on the web is to use ordinary HTML forms - they don't
expire (and if you want to keep session information it can be done
easily enough). It takes extra work to make a form expire in the first
place.

If you do have some application with time-sensitive forms (for example
an auction) there is a fundamental problem - at some point the external
constraint is going to come into play.

In general my suggestion is to let people know how much time they have,
to be as generous as possible (don't have expiry times if they aren't
necessary, and let people know how much time they have in the form if
there is an expiry time).

For example "you need to complete this form today". Or "this offer is
valid for the first 5 people who return it - if you are slow you may
miss out". Or "answers will be accepted until midnight (Kalamazoo time
- UTC+0600) tuesday 11 july 2014", or "after approximately 10 minutes
this session will be closed for security reasons. If you may need more
time to complete forms, you can subscribe to our <a
href="longer">extended time interface</a>."

cheers

Chaals