Re: Link colors, white text on black background

Hi All

David Woolley wrote:
> My view, therefore, is that current web design practice veers too far
> towards disabling visited colours.

I have to agree with David on this one; the traditional colouring and
underlining of links says to me "this is a link".  For those who can see
and differentiate colours, I feel this to be an important cue and that
displaying them otherwise could be highly confusing for some.

The less said about the use of underlining as a means of emphasis in
(X)HTML text, the better.  (I have even seen heading elements inside
text anchors before - looks like a link but the only action is "confuse
user".)

Cheers

Matthew Smith
IT Consultant - KBC, South Australia