RE: Accessible Dynamic Menus

I just saw this on Webreference update...

I do not know if it works.  I have not figured out if it is accessible
either, but it may be a start.

<snip>

FEATURE: Pure CSS2 Drop-down Menus

Here's a site that uses lists, CSS, and some JavaScript
to create sleek drop-down menus:

http://www.gazingus.org

...a drop-down menu using no JavaScript to turn on and off the
visibility of hidden elements would be ideal. Stuart Robertson of
designmeme.com, has done  that:

http://www.designmeme.com/articles/csspulldownmenu.shtml

He uses a contextual selector, and the hover pseudo- class on a list
element, like this:

.menu li ul {
    display: none;
}

.menu li:hover ul {
    visibility: visible;
    display: block;
    position:absolute;
    z-index:1;
    width:7em;
    border:1px solid black;
}

Stuart reports that this technique works for Mozilla, Netscape 6+,
Opera 7, Safari, and Konqueror. IE5 Mac and the latest versions of IE
for Windows only support the hover pseudo-class on links. Maybe future
versions will support the :hover pseudo-class on other elements, as per
the W3C specification.

Other techniques of Interest

http://www.fo3nix.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
http://www.kalsey.com/tools/csstabs/