Re: Accessible Image Gallery Software

my AUD 0.02 (legally the defined value is 0 on its own, but it can be
combined to give it a real value)...

This seems like a sound approach.

One possible way of storing the longdesc information is using annotea -
http://www.w3.org/2001/Annotea

This uses RDF to hold the metadata about a URI, so it is relatively easy
to get the description in the language you want, and equally to create a
form-based interface to create data. There are a number of
implementations - as well as the stuff listed on the site there are a
collection of java tools for building clients, and some C++ stuff as
well (both built for student projects in France - I need the time to get
the routines listed :(

A similar possibility is RDFPic - tools for including information
directly in a jpeg and extracing it again, compatible with Adobe's XMP
stuff. And open source, crying out for extension to PNG, GIF, SVG...

I'd be happy to help with a Spanish version of the interface, and can
look around for some other languages (my primary ones are french,
spanish, italian and english, but I like learning :)

One of the benefits of making this stuff explicit is that it is a lot
easier to search for images by an actual description than by the fact
that there might be relevant words nearby in a page (apparently ho
google's image search works).

cheers

Chaals