Re: How we talk to each other here

Dona -- Please, please, please do NOT give up on the WAI-ig list.

In my opinion, it is CRITICAL that people with all kinds of backgrounds, expertise,  and expectations participate with the WAI, PARTICULARLY on THIS list.  Please consider those who were less than kind to you to be emotionally disabled.

Remember, also, that almost everyone has "bad days" that will show up in everything we do if we are not very, very careful.  I sure have those periodically.  I cope with them by hiding out when they occur.  Not everyone is able to or should do that, though.

Also, there are some on this list who respond in ways that they believe are "very rigorous" and these responses can come across as less than kind.

I hope that I have never been rude or unkind on any list that I have participated in.  And I believe that it is useful for us all to be periodically reminded of what has any diverse collaboration work effectively.  You remind us all that mutual kindness and tolerance is a critical factor in the success of any collaborative effort. (Congress would do well to have periodic reminders such as yours.)  Thank you and please stay active on the list.  You are needed!

Bill
--
William P. LaPlant, Jr.  |  4312 Birchlake Court; Alexandria, VA 22309-1208
Accessibility Engineer   |  Phones: 301-763-4887, home office: 703-360-9184