Re: Flash MX

Ben Gilmore wrote:

>Does any one have any experience using Flash MX to build accessible sites?
>Would welcome any comments and advice.
>
>Cheers
>Ben Gilmore

ComposMentis - http://www.composmentis.com/ - an australian design
group, use flash (alng with a non-flash version) and claim triple-A WCAG
conformace for their work. They have certainly implemented mane
accessibility features that were ot standard in Flash, but I think there
is still a compatibility problem that means it is accessible if you have
particular kinds of software setups and particular user requirements,
rather than being teh sort of technology that redily works everywhere
for everyone.So having the alternative versions is important. I have
talked to the composmentis folks, who present at events like OzeWAI, and
they say that they basically provide two versions which between them
cover all the requests and requirements they have un across, but in
principle they could generate more than to versions of their content.
They are also using the flash to have a (not necessarily accessible to
all, unfortunately) simple and reliable authoring interface for their
clients to update content themselves.

cheers

Chaals