RE: Colour blindness and accessibility

When we had a seminar on accessibility, one of my friends here at
the University (who is color deficient) mentioned that until a week or
two before the meeting, he didn't realize that MS Word underlined
mis-spelled
words in red and grammatical errors in green (when those options are turned
on).

Another example along the same vein that we discussed is when form
validators change
the color of the text on the form to a certain color (i.e. red) and say that
"fields in
red must be completed" - if someone can't distinguish red for some reason,
how can
they know that the form field is required?

I can't speak for how accurate it is, but at
http://www.vischeck.com/vischeck/
there is a mechanism to test how your site would look to individuals with
certain
color vision deficiences.

Matt

Matthew R. Moore | mailto:mrmoore@truman.edu
Human Resources, Truman State University
106 McClain Hall, 100 East Normal, Kirksville, MO 63501
Phone: 660.785.4031 - Fax: 660.785.7520
http://hr.truman.edu | http://businessoffice.truman.edu