RE: PopUp Windows / New Windows

This little gem, buried in the middle, brings us closer to some really useful
answers to the original question, as I understand it. The question is, can we
rely on browsers (rather than the way content is authored) to stop users
having a new window opened and confusing them?.

So if Mozilla and Opera can suppress the new windows (do they open them at
all, or does the user just lose that window) and iCab can stop scripts from
openeing new windows (either in general, or with the exception that it is
allowed for user interaction), and Home Page Reader alerts the user that a
New Window opened, are we getting to the point anticipated in the guidelines
where browsers do the right thing and authors suggeting a new window are
readily overridden by users who don't want one?

Keep that data coming...

cheers

Chaals