Authoring Style Sheets RE: User style sheets was: pt vs px for font sizes

In fact other user agents allow people to create CSS styles.

In Amaya, it is done by example - you select something and style it by
selecting colours, size, borders, etc., then create a rule, and say what the
rule applies to. (At the moment the interface means you need to know how
selectors work - you have to give the name of an element or class, although
it provides as a defalt the one you have used as the example).

There is also a stylesheet editing tool for Mozilla, which could be used for
your user stylesheet, and likewise for Dreamweaver (I don't think Dreamweaver
allows you to follow links and browse, nor to apply a stylesheet only for
authoring, but it should be possible to write a simple javascript extension
to do this if anyone is a Javascript programmer).

I suspect there are others, too.

Cheers

Chaals

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, SHARPE, Ian wrote:

>As has already been pointed out IE is clearly not the only browser that
>supports CSS as stated on the web site.
[bit about using standards snipped]
the rest of