From: jonathan chetwynd [mailto:j.chetwynd@btinternet.com]
Sent: 08 September 2002 11:18
To: Daniel Hillier
Cc: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Using relative sizing and positioning (% values) rather
than absolute (pixels).

The current view is that relative sizing allows the user to control the
size of the font, and this can be very important.

However, in my personal work circumstance, severe learning difficulties,

at a college, where computers are shared amongst very many people.
Things are not so simple, in particular, students dont have the ability
to change the font size, and many cannot realize that there may be more
information off the scree.
further most have great difficulty using the scroll bars, they are very
small, grabbing them is difficult, and the concept is non-intuitive.

so, yes it is very important,but remain aware that this is not a
complete solution.

http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_downloads/DL_JAWS45.asp

has a download link for a demo version of jaws 4.5

jonathan