From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org] On
Behalf Of jonathan chetwynd
Sent: Saturday, September 07, 2002 11:17 AM
To: Hy Cohen
Cc: 'David Woolley'; w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: New Window inform

Well screen reader users were my particular concern.

We've had a report on peepo.com, and this is one of the issues being
addressed.
Not having jaws, or knowing at this time how to configure it suitably, I

am looking for some qualified responses on whether our test page is
appropriate in this respect.
Has anyone visited http://www.peepo.com/alfy/music/c.html, and used a
screenreader, preferably jaws, and does it work?

equally, is there another method that will check if it is working, ie by

throwing up a dialogue, or sending to the status bar etc.
for instance in mozilla 1.1 the info: "this will open in a new window",
is written all over the screen, as a default(just installed today) and I

dont think this is appropriate.

thanks

jonathan