Re: tab order in pages

RUST wrote:
>I'm testing some pages in BOBBY, and it's giving me a Priority 3 User
Check
>concerning logical tab order.  If I don't do anything to alter the default
>tab order on the page, then what is the point of adding the tabindex
>attribute throughout the page?

The point is not to add TABINDEX, but to check that the default tab order
is logical.  If the tab order is logical then the "user test" is done and
you've met the checkpoint. "Logical" to me means the same as the visual
presentation, which hopefully is usable.

Bobby is simply asking one to perform the check.  Bobby doesn't assume that
the code is in a logical order, nor that if one adds TABINDEX, that they
have checked the tab order of the whole page.  Some of the tools out there
today let one add a custom set of "rules" that would allow the tested to
make a rule that said that if TABINDEX was added and/or if the file is in a
list of "already checked files", then assume the file is in a logical tab
order. otherwise flag the page as one that needs to be verified manually.

Regards,
Phill Jenkins
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
http://www.ibm.com/able