RE: onclick vs Re: Click here

At 11:27 AM 12/08/2002 +0100, Jon Hanna wrote:

> > But you see, there are purposes for "click here" beyond simply the
> > assumption that someone doesn't know how to use a hyperlink.  It's
> > marketing.
>

>Maybe that's the cause of my instinctual dislike of it.
>"My marketoid-sense is tingling - to the nerdmobile!"

I like it.

I think my instinctual dislike is simply.

"And you think I'm too stupid to know what to do?"  If the assumption has
to do with naive users, about how long does it take for someone to learn
how to navigate the web?

Lynn

--
Lynn Alford, Multimedia Services        Tel     (07) 47 81 5525
Multimedia and Print Services           Fax:    (07) 47 81 4018