From: Steve Vosloo [mailto:stevenvosloo@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2002 11:40 AM
To: WAI IG
Subject: 508 vs. W3C

We have a client whose site is visited by UK and US users and which needs to
be made accessible. The pressure for accessibility is coming from the US.
I'd like to know what their options are ... do they:

1) Make the site 508 and WCAG Priority 1 compliant

2) Make it only 508 compliant. Will this satisfy the Disability
Discrimination Act of the UK?

3) Make it only WCAG Priority 1 compliant? Will this satisfy the US pressure
coming from the Federal funders of the site?

All input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Steve

Steve Vosloo