Re: do vector graphics enhance our concept of self?

I think SVG is going to be your best bet here. It does have implementation,
it is realtively easy to clip a bit of an image and resize it, I am pretty
sure you can add transparency directly. (I am waiting for Jim Ley to say he
has a tool that does this already, but if he doesn't, I am sure someone else
does).

Cheers

Chaals