  From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of Nissen, Dan E
  Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 9:29 AM
  To: w3c-wai-ig@w3c.org
  Subject: Steve Pemberton's Reflections "Go Away"

  For those of you with ACM Digital Library Access, here is the reference
http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/543434.543457

  The leader of the HTML activity for W3C says that it is easy for builders
of Web Sites to make all browsers work well.  Just follow the standards.

  I read this and sent the author a note on how difficult it might be to
just follow standards, and make it work in the real world.  Anybody else
have reactions to this article in light of our discussions here?  Does he
have the right answer?

  Regards,
  Dan Nissen
  Manager
  Database Environmental and Optimization Software
  Unisys Central Development Laboratory
  Roseville, MN USAmerica
  Net2 524-5131  +1(651)635-5131
  Fax +1(651)635-5544