Access speed Re: And today's ironic bit of HTML is...

No. What I have noticed is that many dialups who allow 56k access actually
only provide access at around 20-30 k most of the time (some systems will
tell you what the connection rate is, rather than just assuming that it is
whatever the modem can do). Melbourne is the only city where I have got a
phone connection actually running at 50k or higher - my best in europe has
been 48k, and in the US 43k.

Chaals