From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of iris
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 1:18 PM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Accessible PowerPoint Presentations

personally i have not yet found a better method than extracting the text
manually and putting it into properly hand-coded html.  i make the original
ppt file available for downloading, but since not everybody uses / can
afford / wants a bloatware product like ppt, and because 'save as webpage'
turns what is mainly text into inaccessible graphics, i always produce a
clean html version of it manually.

iris

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001 17:17:11 -0400 , Morris, Lynn wrote:

>  Does anyone have any tips for making PowerPoint presentations accessible
on
>  the Web?  I know the stuff generated by the "save as HTML" feature in
2000
>  needs tweaking, but it doesn't seem to be in a format I can edit.

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/