Re: Accessibility and mailto links

Graham,

At 02:41 2001-06-05 +0100, Graham Oliver wrote:
>mailto' links can be a problem because :-
>
>1. They pop-up an email program that the user may not
>use.
>
>2. They break checkpoint 10.1, unless there is a clear
>signal that the link will open the user's email
>software. I have never seen this on a web site.

Have a look at mine, then: http://hshelp.com/ - is that clear enough? (There should be an email link on every page.)

(I'm planning to redesign and extend the whole site, it was designed with only "naive" ideas about accessibility; although the late Len Kasday was "disappointed" when his Wave tool could not find any real problems with it ;-)

Cheers,

Marjolein Katsma
HomeSite Help - http://hshelp.com/
Bookstore for Webmasters - http://hshelp.com/bookstore/bookstore.html