Re: Accessibility and mailto links

At 06:41 PM 6/4/2001 , Graham Oliver wrote:
>mailto' links can be a problem because :-
>1. They pop-up an email program that the user may not
>use.
>2. They break checkpoint 10.1, unless there is a clear
>signal that the link will open the user's email
>software. I have never seen this on a web site.

Except that the behavior of a mailto link is totally under the
control of the user's user agent (browser) and can/should be
configured within the browser if the user the desires.

Therefore I think this is at worst a problem with user agents,
and not a problem with mailto: links at all.

--Kynn

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@reef.com>
Technical Developer Liaison