RE: Server Side Image Maps

Hello Jim,
I like Charles answer better that what I have to say.  I didn't mean that
the King County site was bad (I haven't really looked at it closely), but
wasn't somebody else complaining about them recently?  The bit about
"available geometric shape" IMHO is a bit misleading, but you've got the
point exactly.  In a 200x200 pixel map, there's 40,000 "hot spots" (Kynn, if
you're listening, I did the math right this time).  One can not hope to have
equivalent text links for this situation.