Re: images / alt and image maps

Hi Larry,

It seems to be OK in ie 5 on a mac.

What confuses me about image maps, is that, even where there is alt
text, if I switch images off in my browser, I get nothing, just blank
areas where the image would be, running the mouse over the image area
doesn't get me the alt text. If I click on part of the image area,
the image appears. I guess its one of those things that you really
have to test with a screen reader.

I'm also still wondering whether it would be good to still have text
links, for anyone who doesn't see well enough to read any text etc
that might be on the image.

Cheers,

Rebecca