De: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]En
nombre de Liz Roberts
Enviado el: viernes, 11 de mayo de 2001 19:05
Para: Charles McCathieNevile; Jon Hanna
CC: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org; Morris, Lynn; Steven McCaffrey
Asunto: Re: Table Questions

Everyone's comments have been incredibly helpful; of course, I always seem
to have more questions!

In regards to the data vs. layout table issue, I would like to present the
following example:

<http://www.geocities.com/lizdesign/tables.html>

Supposing this is a data table, the top-level "header" is "Property
Description," with "Name," "address," and the like a "second level" of
headers (labeled as TDs because: "TH is for headers, TD for data, but for
cells acting as both use TD"
<http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/struct/tables.html#h-11.2.6>).  Of course, the
spec doesn't show an example of such a construct... should you use "id" and
"headers" with TDs?  ("headers" are not included in example because I wasn't
sure.)

I feel like I'm using a table for layout... but if I think about the data
logically, it seems like there are logical headers, etc.

And on the page before my example one, there are search results that I don't
feel use the table simply for layout.

Thanks again,
Liz