RE: dlink and longdesc

Robert,

I am conservative on alt text. I would use alt="", but your argument that
the image does convey information - "separating main content from footer" -
is somewhat convincing. If convinced of that, I would use alt="begin footer"
or alt="begin footer content."

Jim
jim@jimthatcher.com
Accessibility Consulting