Review reminder: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 Last Call

WAI Interest Group:

Please note that the Last Call for the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines
1.0 closes this Friday, May 5, 2001. We appreciate your comments by that
date.

Information about the document and the review process is in the email
message appended below.

Regards,

- Judy

>Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 12:15:35
>To: WAI Interest Group <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
>From: Judy Brewer <jbrewer@w3.org>
>Subject: Please review: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 Last Call
>Bcc: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
>
>WAI Interest Group:
>
>Please note that the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines 1.0
>	http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-UAAG10-20001023
>are currently undergoing last call review.
>
>The User Agent Accessibility Gudielines Working Group (UAWG) invites
comments on the document until 4 May 2001. Please send comments to
w3c-wai-ua@w3.org (archive [1]).

>There is a new document summary
>	http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-UAAG10-20010409/uaag10-summary
>which provides a non-technical overview of these guidelines.
>
>You are also invited to review the companion Techniques document [2],
although this latter document is not in last call review.

>Below you will find more information about the UAAG 1.0, and the UAWG's
request for reports of implementation experience.

>This message may be circulated to other lists, but please be careful to
avoid cross-postings.

>Thank you for your review,
>
>  Judy Brewer and Ian Jacobs, on behalf of the UAWG.
>
>[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/
>[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-UAAG10-TECHS-20010409/
>
>----
>About the UAAG 1.0:
>
>This excerpt from the document's Abstract describes the purpose of the
document:

> "This document provides guidelines for designing user agents
> that lower barriers to Web accessibility for people with
> disabilities (visual, hearing, physical, and cognitive). User
> agents include HTML browsers and other types of software that
> retrieve and render Web content. A user agent that conforms to
> these guidelines will promote accessibility through its own user
> interface and through other internal facilities, including its
> ability to communicate with other technologies (especially
> assistive technologies)."
>
>This is the third last call for UAAG 1.0. In response to
>substantial issues raised when the document became a Proposed
>Recommendation in March 2000, and again during its second last
>call, the UAWG has made substantial improvements and
>clarifications in this version.
>
>More information about changes to the document [3], and the
>issues the UAWG has addressed ([4], [5]) is available from the
>UAWG home page [6] and from the detailed call for review [7].
>
>[3] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/wai-ua-wd-changes.html
>[4] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2001/03/issues-20010329
>[5] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/2000/10/lc-issues
>[6] http://www.w3.org/WAI/UA/
>[7] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/2001AprJun/0014
>
>----
>Implementation reports encouraged:
>
>The UAWG encourages all last call reviewers to document
>implementations known to satisfy the checkpoints.  This
>information will help the UAWG prepare an implementation report
>for presentation to the Director should the document advance to
>the next stage of the Recommendation process.  We encourage you
>to use the checklist appendix as an evaluation tool (available in
>tabular [8] or list format [9]).
>
>[8] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-UAAG10-20010409/uaag10-chktable
>[9] http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/WD-UAAG10-20010409/uaag10-chklist
>
>--
>Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)   http://www.w3.org/People/Jacobs
>Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
>Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783

World Wide Web Consortium (W3C)