Re: Should accesskey focus or activate?

I think I've made some comment regarding this issue some time ago,
but I can't remember when and where.  (Probably on wai-ua list?)

Like Al says below, it should be customizable depending on users'
needs.  Besides the points Al mentions, difference in the input
method makes difference in users' needs.  (Al might have meant the
same thing by ``command type,'' though.)

If voice input is in use, and user is able to look at the content,
accesskey can probably used to activate.  But otherwise, i.e., users
cannot see the content, or corresponding part is not displayed on
the screen, then it shouldn't activate unless user knows what
exactly he/she is doing.

These are just a few points that makes me believe it should be
customizable.  I think there are more cases where this
customizability would help.  As the default setting, maybe
"not-activate" is better, though.

     Cheers,
Max