Re: Accessibility Books

At 02:00 AM 4/9/2001, Jo Donkin wrote:
>Can anyone recommend a sort of 'beginners' guide to designing and
>implementing accessible web sites?  I am looking really for something
>which is quite practical rather than a discussion (if such a book
>exisits).  Any ideas?

Hi, Jo, at this point there aren't many current books on the topic:

* There is an old one from 1997 by Crystal Waters but it's unfortunately
   rather out of date.
* Mike Paciello has a good book; it's used as the textbook for my
   online class, "Accessible Web Design."  (http://access.idyllmtn.com/d201)
   It's well done but does not necessarily focus only on the web
   author process.

That's it that I know of.  Joe Clark claims to be working on a book
that might meet your needs (whenever it's out) and other folks (not
me) might likewise be doing so.

Hey.  Maybe I should write a book.

--Kynn

--