From: w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-ig-request@w3.org]On
Behalf Of David Woolley
Sent: Sunday, April 08, 2001 3:12 AM
To: w3c-wai-ig@w3.org
Subject: Re: Skipping navigation tactics

Something that no-one has pointed out yet is that HTML 4 provides a
hook for doing this cleanly by using media dependent style sheets.
I'm not quite sure how you would handle the case of someone using a page
in basically visual mode but wanting some of the screen reader support,
though.

I don't know the level of implemtation of this feature (I mean its
only three to four years old!), but I suspect that the level of ignorance
of it amongst page designers probably exceeds the level of lack of support
(at least to the extent that visual browsers ignore non-visual style
sheets).