RE: Accessibility of this font to people with varying disabilitie s

> From:	Tai Du [SMTP:tdu@halftheplanet.com]
>
> If you happen to have dyslexia and I would appreciate your input.
> Otherwise, please forgive me for not putting the listserv into context
> before I submitted my request.

[DJW:]  I don't have specific expertise, but I would
have thought that the characteristics that make fonts
good body text fonts would be the ones you wanted.
Good body text fonts are designed to make the character
shapes as distinct as possible.  Typical ones would
be Times Roman and New Century Schoolbook (from its name,
I suspect that the latter might be particular designed
for people unfamiliar with reading).

(Actually it amuses me how books for learning readers
often use very stylised fonts on their
covers.  This is most obvious in
alphabets that one doesn't know well.  I suspect this is
similar to the way that many web designers go overboard
with fonts.  I suppose the idea might be to show the
acceptable variation in character forms, but I doubt it.)