RE: h1, h2, etc.

> From:	Eric Shashoua [SMTP:eshashouamw@hotmail.com]
>
> Have you found a solution to this? I am having the same problem. I need to
> use <Hn> text for search engine
	[DJW:]
	I can't match any article within the last 10 days to this,
	and there is no context.

>  indexing purposes, but I cannot get rid of the space that follows beneath
> the text. I have tried using
	[DJW:]
	You should be using them for accessibility reasons
	(search engine indexing is only a minor part) and in
	my view, the only relevance of this to this list is that
	an answer may prevent the abandonment of correct markup
	in order to force the presentation.

> stylesheets, but I am not yet adept at them.
>
> Please tell me how to use headers and remove the following space.

[DJW:]  This is the suggested style sheet for some headings from
the CSS2 specification (appendix A).

H1 { font-size: 2em; margin: .67em 0 }
H2 { font-size: 1.5em; margin: .83em 0 }
H3 { font-size: 1.17em; margin: 1em 0 }

Assuming that browsers behave somewhat like this, and that I
correctly understand "space that follows", overriding the margin
to 0 0 should cause the headings to be spaced the same as body
text, and considerably less than the space between paragraphs.

More interesting is the case of headings that are written inline.
In principle display: run-in can be used on these, but
I'd be surprised if NS4 got anywhere near this.  (CSS2
section 9.2.4.)