Re: verifying accessibility

At 2:29 PM -0700 7/19/00, JAN HECHT wrote:
>Oh, I'm all for individual expression.  I'll grant you that as long as it's
>clear what is and what isn't a hyperlink, constency or a "style sheet" may
>not be necessary.  But at the same time, it seems a site should be pretty
>intuitive to use -- or visitors aren't going to stick around long enough to
>figure out how to navigate it. And why risk the chance that folks might
>miss important information? Isn't the point of informaiton design to ensure
>people are receiving the information?

Yes and no.  Each site may or may not have their own goals, and in a
real world setting, things such as "does the vice president like the
way it looks" may take priority. :)

Which is why we need to support anything that strengthens a web
publishing framework that gives control back to the end user --
such as support for CSS, which allows you to say "underline these"
if you want them underlined, "invert these" if you want them inverted,
and so on.
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/