Re: portable network graphics

SVG exposes things through the DOM - a User Agent that conforms to the User
Agent Accessibility Guidelines will export this information. There are also
utilities available for getting the information out of images. If anyone is
interested in working in this area, the Evaluation and Repair Tools group -
http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER would be the place to go...

Charles