RE: Text equivalents

Anne, I'm not sure what you mean by this:

* And browsers which work with standard sound cards don't seem to be
commonly available even in the nearby cities. Perhaps I've looked in the
wrong places.

The widely-distributed browsers such as Netscape and IE don't work directly
with sound cards but rely on the operating system (and assistive technology
such as screen readers) doing so. What kind of problems do you have with the
sound?

Dick Brown
Program Manager, Web Accessibility
Microsoft Corp.