noframes web sites

Here are some more sites to check out.  The frames aren't named but the
NOFRAMES content is there.
http://www.ukans.edu/acs/docs/pine/
http://www.ukans.edu/acs/docs/emailsnooze/
http:/www.ukans.edu/acs/docs/dreamweaver/ (in progress - links in left
frame are broken)

Carine

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000, Richard Premack wrote:

  Hi All.

  I find this thread on accessibility of FRAMES very interesting as a
  user-agent developer.  We have just recently enhanced our product, a
  telephone-based browser, to support frames, but have been disappointed by
  the marginal increase in accessibility.  We have observed as Martin
  McCormick, that many FRAMES are either labeled poorly or not at all.  I
  have yet to run into a site that has anything in the NOFRAMES section other
  than a "raspberry" (sorry, but you lose) or a link to upgrade.  To me, this
  is the height of laziness in web design -- hard is it to throw your main
  index link and perhaps a few more in between two tags?

  We currently support a 'deep link', that may be stored for later sessions,
  but someone may not get that far if they can't even navigate the initial
  FRAMESET properly.  We would be happy to modify our browser with either a
  setting that turns off frames or perhaps even better, chooses the NOFRAMES
  option automatically if available -- if, we thought there was any NOFRAMES
  content out there.  Does anyone know of a site that actually implements
  NOFRAMES?

  Regards,

  Richard Premack
  richardp@akamail.com