RE: Is this site accessible?

Bruce:

Thanks for replying.  No, I don't have authority over either group.  And,
I'll write CommArts for clarification.

I probably should have slowed down before I posted that question, but when
the article said the site was "accessible," I interpreted it to mean ADA
compliant.  And, I doubt that I'm the only one. Granted I'm more aware of
such issues.  I should ask whether the article's author made that
assumption, or is the webmaster selling the site as accessible.  It does
have a "text only" link and haphazard alt tags.

My concern, especially after the ADA hearing last week, is that there is a
lot of misinformation or lack of information out there.  I guess the
question comes down to what "accessible" is?  Does a site need to have the
W3C/WAI and Bobby seal of approval?  This is what I've been led to believe.

Like some, I'm new to this field and am trying to get a handle on HTML
coding, scripting languages, etc.  Prior to this position, I managed three
trade association sites with an HTML editor that was two years old.  I had
no clue that accessibility was even an issue.  I'm also completing a Masters
degree in Library & Information Science and there are very few people in my
field that are aware of this issue, and this is a community that is very
attuned to traditional issues of access to information.

I guess it comes down to the fact that we are all working hard to educate
friends, colleagues, acquaintance, etc. about how accessibility should be
achieved and how it benefits everyone.   Just my two cents.

Brooke Dine