Re: Frames [Re: ADA Applies to Web]

SO far as I know the answer is that neither Netscape nor IE current versions
allow support for frames to be turned off.

Charles McCN

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Patrick Burke wrote:

  As a semi-tangent, is there a way to force IE or Netscape to display a
  NOFRAMES
  section of a site? If you turn off script support you get the noscript
  (Presumably, I haven't actually tried it lately), but is there any way to
  "turn
  off" frames?

  I'm asking out of theoretical curiosity. If someone designed a functional
  NOFRAMES section conveying all the information of the frames page, would an
  IE/Nets user be stuck with the framey version?

  Patrick

  At 05:15 PM 2/13/00 , Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
  >The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines require that Frames have meaningful
  >names/titles, and should also have alternative navigation mechanisms provided
  >by use of the NOFRAMES element

  Patrick J. Burke

  burke@ucla.edu
  http://www.dcp.ucla.edu/staff/patrick.htm

  University of California
  Los Angeles
  The Disabilities & Computing Program
  at the UCLA Office of Academic Computing

  Analyzing Usability
  Since 1994