Don Norman question

Hello, web access folks,

Human factors guru, Don Norman (author: the Psychology of Everyday Things)
has raised an issue on the CHI-Web list.  Perhaps somebody from WAI
could answer this one.

A good thing is that he mentions "users who are older or visually
impaired".  These users were not part of his thinking until recently,
when he admitted he should take them into account.  However I question
his reason for wanting to control absolute size precisely.  And I don't
think he has quite got the concept of relative size - presumably
he wants to have a variety of text sizes.

Could somebody reply?

Cheers from Chiswick,

John
--
Forwarded message follows:

--
Access the word, access the world       Tel/fax +44 20 8742 3170/8715
John Nissen                             Email to jn@tommy.demon.co.uk