Re: Validation as test for basic accessibility

"Christopher R. Maden" wrote:

> There will always be badly-written pages.  With sufficient educational
> efforts, accessibility will be an automatic part of writing well, and only
> the badly-written pages will be inacessible, but there will always be some.

I've been lurking in this listserve for about a week and a half. I caught
myself nodding in agreement while reading Chris Maden's post.

I was brought in to "fix" the State of Kansas web site last month. ADA
compliance is just one piece of the pie. Getting webmasters to understand that
usability is more than a few appropriately placed tags has been quite a
challenge. Usability has to be approached holistically.

My question is, how do you teach good taste and common sense? : )

--
Regards,

MELINDA MORRIS-BLACK
Information Architect