Re: A question on Authoring Tools/Leah Fretwell

At 11:13 AM +0100 6/30/00, Paul Davis wrote:
>Whilst I must confess to a slight guffaw at your posting, and it is
>in part true. I think you are being a bit hard on many individuals
>that make up the list.
>From time to time the better funded college and government web
>designers do tend to forget that the majority of web design work is
>done in a highly competitive commercial environment.

I think that this list (the WAI interest group list) isn't really
meant to be a list for the "front line" web designer; this is
really something else and while from time to time it serves as a
resource for accessible web design tips, it's really more for
communication about web accessibility issues in general, and
about the WAI in specific.

There are a number of other mailing lists out there that might
give a neophyte or even a veteran designer some good tips on
accessible web design, and I'm always glad to see more of them
appear. :)

As an obligatory plug, questions about web accessibility are
welcomed on -any- of the HTML Writers Guild's discussion lists,
described at:

      http://www.hwg.org/services/lists/

Trial membership in the Guild is free (for a year or more), so
I encourage you to check them out if you haven't before...

--Kynn
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@idyllmtn.com>
http://www.kynn.com/