Re: Developer Tools

Benjamin,

There's the "Evaluation and Repair Tool" list at
	http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/existingtools.html
which has some tools that might be relevant, in that they'd help with part
of the task of creating an accessible page.

We're hoping that within the next half-year or so there will be some
commercial-grade authoring tools that will support the Authoring Tool
Accessibility Guidelines 1.0. Then those tools would have some built-in
assistance on creating accessible Web pages. (You can ask your favorite
software developer when they'll be supporting ATAG 1.0...)

You might also find the "Getting Started: Making a Web Site Accessible"
page at
	http://www.w3.org/WAI/gettingstarted
to be useful for thinking through how to use various WAI resources, or
perhaps you are already familiar with what's listed there.

Regards,

- Judy

At 03:30 PM 6/12/00 -0400, Steven McCaffrey wrote:

>Hi Ben:
>Excellent question.
>My favorite starting page is:
>http://www.w3.org/WAI/#Resources
>I think the only category possibly not falling within what you listed is the
>Evaluation and repair tools, though I'm not sure these are what you are
looking for.

>-Steve
>

>Steve McCaffrey
>Senior Programmer/Analyst
>Information Technology Services
>New York State Department of Education
>(518)-473-3453
>smccaffr@mail.nysed.gov
>Member,
>New York State Workgroup on Accessibility to Information Technology
>Web Design Subcommittee
>http://web.nysed.gov/cio/access/webdesignsubcommittee.html

Director,Web Accessibility Initiative(WAI), World Wide Web Consortium(W3C)

WAI Interest Group home page: http://www.w3.org/WAI/IG